Sunday, June 7, 2009

Discovery Gateway

I had heard people talk about going to Discovery Gateway but never really understood what is was. I went with E on her field trip back on May 21st and got to experience it for myself. It's an awesome place. They have all kinds of different activities to show kids how things work or just let them try new things.

Here's E on the rock wall.
Up on the life size horse.
This area shows how the water cycle works and how things you put in the water end up downstream.
E and her friends in the Life Flight helicopter.
This air chamber is lifting up little cupcake pan liners.

Afterwards we went to Castle Park and ate lunch and let the kids play on the playground. I think they all had a good time. They were a little disappointed that they couldn't play in the water down in the gully but the assistant principal, who also teaches 3rd grade half day, told them that anyone who went down the hill would get in trouble. That was nice so we didn't have to worry about keeping kids away from the water.

3 comments:

Miranda said...

Looks like everyone had a good time! I miss having fun places to take the kids close by.

Charity said...

How much did it cost? We should take the kids there this summer.

Melodie said...

We'll have to check the cost online. We donated to $10 to help pay for buses too so I'm not sure about the cost just for Discovery Gateway.