This year Rich participated in the companion choir to the choir that I sing with in the fall. It's a mens Choir called Because We Sing lead by the same director Merrilee Webb. They were also invited to sing in the Tabernacle instead of the Assembly Hall on Temple Square. I took the kids down early so we could get good seats to see Rich. But going early means a lot of waiting around.

Here's D making funny faces while we were waiting.

Rich is in the middle in a red shirt next to a guy from our ward in a red shirt too.

Singing with Bonnie Goodliff at the Tabernacle Organ.

I love mens choirs. Or when the men sing alone in a choir. And to hear them in the Tabernacle is an awesome experience.

Here's Merrilee, I love that woman. She has an amazing spirit and always brings the spirit to her rehersals and performances.

We survived the concert even with all of D's wiggling and asking for drinks and trying to leave and talking loud when no one was talking or singing. Thankfully Merrilee's stepmom had Smarties in her purse to help distract him. I'm not sure he'll remember much of this but when the tickets said we could bring kids under eight I took the opportunity, because it's usually only 8 and up at events on Temple Square. The Men did awesome and even sang a fun song by Weird Al Yankovic called Hardware Store.
All I can say is My Man Can Sing!!
3 comments:
I wish I could have come to the concert. Maybe another year.
what a cool expierence. Love all your posts especially E in her costume. They are just growing up fast.
I just got caught up on all your posts. How cool to sing in the Tabernacle. I LOVE the family picture.
Post a Comment