So I followed Charity's lead and made a Valentine's breakfast for my family. I made these cards for everyone and placed them on each plate and surrounded the plate with candies.
This is all that was left after everyone had eaten. E was still eating her candy.
Here's D with his Valentine's at Preschool.
and here's C showing me his gum for the bubble-gum blowing contest.
I helped the kids at the Preschool make a Valentine for their parents. It was a challenge trying to show them how to put glue on a heart doily without getting too much but enough to make it actually stick. My fingers were covered in glue. I ended getting off easy a C's party because they ended up having the contest before I got there instead of waiting until the kids had chewed their gum longer. C did not want to play the Cinderella game where a boy is blindfolded and all the girls have taken off their shoes with one girl sitting in the center. The boy is then suspose to find her shoes with her helping and put them on her. He ran back into the classroom when they called his name. Oh well, he can think girls have cooties for many more years as far as I'm concerned.
5 comments:
How cute! I borrowed Charity's idea, too, and the kids loved it. I didn't go all out but I'll plan ahead next year to make it more special and fun. Too funny about the Cinderella game. I agree with you about the cooties thing too. :o)
Fun times! I love the picture of Erin still sitting at the table...she is so funny about candy. I don't blame Carter. I think that would have embarrassed me when I was younger.
I totally think that's why the teacher did it but I don't think the 4th graders are quite ready for boy/girl games like the 5th graders.
you two are such good moms! I need to remember this for next year!
Love your breakfast idea. That darn glue at preschool anyway huh:)
I loved the girl cootie thing how funny to show him when he is dating those cootie girls huh.
Post a Comment