Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Fire Station and The Treehouse Museum

On February 2nd D and I went on a fieldtrip to the fire station. We got to watch a video on fire safety with Donald Duck and then the fire fighters showed us some of the equipment they use.

Here's D trying on the helmet. It was really heavy.
We then got to tour the station and saw where the fire fighters sleep and eat. They had three huge refridgerators.
The kids got to climb through one of the trucks.
And we also saw the big truck raise and lower it's ladder.
On the 24th we went to the Tree House Museum with a Joy School group in the neighborhood.
Here are our three fire fighters all ready to go.
D at the wheel.
J at the wheel. He's a much better driver.Our three fire fighters and a cute little sister in the back.
Giving the girls a turn in the outfits and at the wheel.
J and D playing with the knights and castle. They loved these figures and the horses. I wish the Music area would have been opened I think they would have liked that area too. This was our first time at the Museum and we had a fun time. We'll have to go back.

5 comments:

Charity said...

I love the picture of Derek "driving" the fire truck. That's how Lauren drove the Autopia car....scary!!! I love the music area at the Treehouse. It's a lot of fun!

Brooke said...

he has the cutest little face

Anonymous said...

My kindergarten class went to the fire house. Mama was late taking me to school & I didn't get to go. I had to sit in another teachers class until mine came back. Someone had thought about me because when they returned I was given a plastic fire hat & a key chain. WOW...I had forgotten bout that until just now. Thanks for sharing your tour. Now I feel like I got to go too!! :0)

Joanna said...

what little boy doesn't love the fire house! How fun.

nixon5 said...

It was a fun trip. Love the cute pictures.