Saturday, August 15, 2009

E's 9th Birthday

E turned 9 August 3rd. She has the same Birthday as my Grandma Ruth. So I always remember my Grandma on E's birthday. E is getting so big and so grown up. I took she shopping for her birthday/back to school shopping and I'm glad I did. I wouldn't have picked out the clothes she did. I guess that always happens but I was still a little surprised.We had the family over to celebrate.

G gave her $9 which was a big hit.
Jared and Shauna gave her HSM items.
Nate and Debbie gave her candy another big hit.
New shoes from Mom and Dad.
Lotion from Bath and Body Works from Grandma on suggestion from Aunt Carolyn.
(So grown up)
A game and more candy from Aunt Christine. Can you tell she likes candy?
A shirt from Grandma that she picked out when they went shopping the month before.
The Hannah Montana shirt she picked out while we were shopping. When she put it on I couldn't believe how grown up she looked. I didn't get a picture because she got a bloody nose and she took it off so I could get the blood out.
A new backpack from Brook and Charity.
Bubble Gum. Yum Yum!
This is her yellow cake with yellow frosting and blue lettering. She also picked out strawberry icecream to go with it. (What no Chocolate!!! a must for most Glade's) So I got and tub of neopolitan to keep everyone happy.
Extra cupcakes to make sure everyone got cake.
My little girl is growning up so fast. In three short years she'll start jr high and young womens. My mother-in-law is right it's not my birthday that makes me feel older it's my children's. We love E, she is the peacemaker of our family and joy to have around, when she's here (she loves to play with friends and loves to spend the night and Grandma's and her cousin's, she just like to go places).

4 comments:

Charity said...

That shirt looked so cute on her. I love the picture of her holding the lotion. She does look so grown up.

Anonymous said...

Looks like she had a great Birthday. Give her a belated wish from us. :0)

Miranda said...

Yes, very grown up. Looks like she had a great day. That's so true about our kids' bday's making us feel older. Happy belated birthday E!

Summer said...

Would Erin SHARE candy (with me)? ;) She is growing up too fast! Hope she had a great birthday!