Back in May Rich's former mission companion told us he might have extra tickets to the U2 concert Las Vegas. We've waited all summer long to hear if we could have them or not and we really didn't know for sure until last month. It was to be a quick trip but that didn't matter Rich is a big U2 fan and had never been able to see them perform live. Thursday night we find out that Cameron's wife is going to stay home to take care of two of their boys who were sick and then G threw up so we didn't know what we were going to do. G was fine in the morning, got up got dressed ate breakfast and was ready for school, but I couldn't let him go to school when the district has asked parents not to send their kids to school unless they've been symptom free for 24 hours after being sick. So he stayed home and Grandpa Moore came and picked him and the other kids up after school. We headed out to South Jordan to meet up with Cameron and find out who else was going with him. He brought his 2nd oldest son and told us that Jen was now sick herself. I felt terrible leaving her at home sick with two sick kids but what could I do. We drove down to Vegas checked into our hotel, The Plaza, went to an early dinner at the Claim Jumper, and headed over to the stadium. This is the view of the stage from our seats. Not the best but where the concert sells out in 8 minutes you take what you can get.
While we were waiting for U2 they turned the lights back on and made adjustments to the stage. After 20 or 25 mins they started this clock on the screen.
Then the lights went out again and U2 started to perform.
The Rocketship Stage's take off.
3 comments:
I am so jealous, it sounds like a fun night!
Looks like you guys had fun. I still think I should have gotten one of the tickets for my Bday. ;)
I saw them when they came to SLC and it is still a highlight for me. Glad you guys went they are a favorite of mine as well. Looks like you guys had a wonderful time.
Post a Comment